What's Cooking Wednesday: Roasted Chicken Sheet Pan Supper



Chicken Thighs, Potatoes, and Asparagus Sheet Pan Supper


If you know me well, you know that I. ABSOLUTELY. FREAKING. HATE. WASHING. DISHES. We don’t have a dishwasher in our apartment, so it’s pretty much the bane of my housekeeping existence.  And if you’ve ever had tiny little humans running around, you know how tough it can be to keep them out of the kitchen and away from a hot stove. 
Which is why I have become a master of the sheet pan supper. Depending on the ingredients I’m using, I even sometimes prep it in the morning and just take everything out of the fridge while the oven preheats that night (I just don’t do this with anything that will brown, though).
I chose to use chicken thighs in this recipe because, well, they’re cheap (I can usually get them for a dollar a pound at the grocery store).  You can totally use chicken breasts if you want, just cook them at a lower temp (350°F-375°F, depending on your oven) and a little longer (30 minutes) or they’ll dry out. Now my husband is a typical “meat and potatoes” kind of guy, and as I’ve mentioned before I try to watch my carbs. He also doesn’t like certain vegetables.  It’s for this reason that I sometimes prep two separate sheet trays. In this case, however, the ingredients aren’t so different that I can’t prep all on one pan.


Chicken Thigh Sheet Pan Supper
1-2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs per person
½ large sweet potato, cut in one inch cubes
1 large baking potato, cut in one inch cubes
Asparagus
½ stick unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper
herbs de provence
ground cinnamon
paprika
garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Melt butter and pour into mixing bowl. Mix with salt and pepper.
3. Toss potatoes, sweet potatoes, and asparagus individually in the bowl, coating it with the salt, pepper and butter mixture.  Place on sheet tray with sweet potatoes separated from other vegetables.
4. Add maple syrup, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, and Herbs de Provence to remaining butter mixture.
5. Toss chicken in mixture and add to pan.
6. Sprinkle regular potatoes and asparagus with paprika and garlic powder, and sweet potatoes with cinnamon.

 7. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.



Let me know if you make this recipe and how it came out!  Also, if you would like to see more step-by-step photos, leave a comment. I personally get annoyed if I search for recipes and I come across someone’s blog post and I have to scroll through 20 pictures before I get to the actual recipe. But if you want ‘em, I’ll post ‘em!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Just Playing...

I have a confession to make...

New Recipe: Thai Pumpkin Soup