What's Cooking Wednesday: Quick and Easy Thin Crust Pizza

Quick and Easy Thin Crust Pizza

I'm going to tell you a secret... I'm not a fan of pizza.

I know... it's so un-American of me.  Blasphemous, even.  Not once have I ever looked at ANYONE and said "hey, let's order pizza!" with any enthusiasm whatsoever.  When my husband orders it and my only other option is to starve, I end up ordering thin crust.  Now thin crust is tricky. Best case scenario, it gets to the house as the gods intended: in all its deliciously crispy and flaky glory.  Worst case? It comes as that nasty, soggy thing with the toppings falling off, at which point you have two choices: fold it to eat it or use a knife and fork. Gross.

Well, I found a way to make it at home so that I can have pizza the ONLY way I like it.  This works especially well when my toddler is being a Stage 5 clinger and won't let me make myself anything for lunch, it's that quick and easy. It also makes a great afterschool snack when the kids get home. 

Sidenote: I found these Rosemary and Olive Oil wraps at my grocery store and thought they'd be perfect for this recipe, but go ahead and use whatever you have or can find at the store.  You can always just brush the edges with olive oil to get them nice and brown.

You'll need:



a tortilla or wrap
pizza sauce
shredded cheese of your choice
whatever pizza toppings you like 

1. Preheat the oven (or even easier, the toaster oven if you have one) to 400.
2. Place wrap on a sheet pan.
3. Spread pizza sauce in a thin layer onto the tortilla or wrap, leaving about a 1/2 inch border.
4. Add toppings of choice. Try not to make it too heavy for the wrap (remember, we want a crispy crust we can eat with our hands and not a soggy mess!).
5. I usually put the cheese on top of the other toppings.  I don't know if it's just in my head, but I feel like it holds the toppings on better once the cheese melts.



6. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 400.

Voila! Easiest, quickest, and most delicious thin crust pizza snack EVER.



What are your favorite pizza toppings?  Mine are pineapple and bacon, ham, or chourico. Let me know what you used to make the pizza in the comments section!

Until next time, friends!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Just Playing...

I have a confession to make...

New Recipe: Thai Pumpkin Soup