Recipe Mashup: Chicken Cordon-Bleu Alfredo Casserole


Chicken Cordon-Bleu Alfredo Casserole

While I admit this dish is not even remotely healthy, it is a quick one that is easy to make ahead so you can just throw it in the oven on a busy weeknight. This recipe came to me on a recent trip to my local BJs, where they were demo-ing some frozen chicken cordon bleu cutlets.  I realized I hadn’t made them in a while, so I grabbed some chicken breasts while I was there. Lo and behold, when I opened the package I noticed they were too thin to stuff, but I still wanted to make it.  So I thought I’d make it into a casserole. I also realized I hadn’t made chicken alfredo in a while, so I decided to mash up the two. I prepped the entire thing the morning of and threw it in the fridge until dinner time.



3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or cut into chunks (I was going to shred mine but was running late so I just cut them)

¼ lb deli ham, sliced and cut into small squares

Jar alfredo sauce

Sliced swiss cheese

Thyme

Garlic powder

2 cups cooked pasta

¼ cup Panko bread crumbs




                                                



1.      Preheat oven to 350⁰. Spray a 9x13 (or in my case, a 12-in round) with nonstick spray.

2.       In a large mixing bowl, mix together all but the bread crumbs and swiss cheese.

3.      Dump pasta mixture into casserole dish and lay slices of swiss to cover the top.

4.      Sprinkle with panko breadcrumbs and spray the top of the casserole with cooking spray so the crumbs get nice and brown.

5.      Cover and bake at 350⁰ for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.



This is what the finished product looks like, and while it’s definitely a “cheat” meal, it was so worth it. My husband went back for seconds!

Try it out and let me know how it goes!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have a confession to make...

Not Just Playing...

New Recipe: Thai Pumpkin Soup