New Recipe: Thai Pumpkin Soup

Hi everyone! Fall weather is in full swing in New England, which means it's soup season!! I love soup, but I'll only eat it when the weather gets cool enough for sweaters and boots. A couple weeks ago when the weather first changed, I was thinking of using a new recipe because I was sick of the same old beef stew/tomato soup and grilled cheese/canned chowder.


I love butternut squash soup, so I thought I'd be even more seasonal and use pumpkin. My husband loves spicy food, so I thought Thai Chili would be the way to go. I have a jarred sauce that I buy at the supermarket that is sweet and spicy and delicious, and since the flavor is well-rounded, I used some of that in the soup. It was almost as quick and easy to make as the kind in a can, and it's absolutely delicious.  In fact, I am currently sipping some of this soup as I'm typing. It's a perfect lunch for when I'm cold but too busy to sit down and eat.
Yes, I drink pureed soups in a mug. I am not dirtying a spoon if I don't need to chew anything...


Thai Pumpkin Soup
(serves 4-6)

2 cans pumpkin puree
1 can coconut milk
1/4-1/2 cup thai chili sauce (depending on how much spice you like)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth

1. Heat a large pot on the stove (I love using my enameled Dutch oven for soups. You should get one. It's the best for one pot meals) on medium heat.
2. Pour chicken broth and coconut milk into pot first, then add pumpkin and thai sauce.
3. Heat until just bubbling and serve.




Seriously, that's it. Just cook up some grilled cheese or some biscuits to go with it and BAM! A quick dinner (or lunch!) perfect for busy weekdays!


Until next time, friends!


Comments

  1. Ontdek onze Keukenweegschaal! - Kookstore.nl - De grootste collectie keukenapparatuur, kookartikelen en keukenaccessoires online! - Keukenweegschaal kopen Bij het bereiden van een heerlijke maaltijd komt het op details aan. Zo is het van belang dat je van alle ingrediënten precies de juiste hoeveelheid gebruikt. Is er een manier om dat allemaal op te meten en te wegen? Ja, zeker. Met behulp van een keukenweegschaal. Een…

    Keukenweegschaal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have a confession to make...

Not Just Playing...