Product Review: Kiss Artificial Nails

Hi everyone! Today I'm coming to you with a product review for Kiss Gel Fantasy Artificial Nails.

I am not someone who just needs to have their nails done all the time: I spend 99% of my time with bare nails. Manicures are expensive and my hands shake way too much to paint them myself. But I recently had a trauma to my nails that I had to cover up. I'm not sure how it happened, but I woke up one morning with one nail on each hand that had peeled up from the cuticle. I have had them peel before, but always from the tip, never from the cuticle. I would show you photos, but they were pretty gross. So I picked up these bad boys from the drugstore and gave them a shot. Here are my thoughts.



Pros:

They cost less than $10, and are sometimes on sale BOGO 50% off.
The nails are one solid color all the way through. Many artificial nails are white plastic that is polished on top. This is important because I have a tough time with artificial nails to begin with (they feel so foreign to me!), and if they're super long, forget it. Because these are a solid color, I was actually able to trim and file them, and the free edge doesn't end up white.

The nails: pre-trim
What they look like after trimming and filing
See, no white edge!


Cons:

The glue these nails come with kind of sucks. I bought the brush-on version, and it worked infinitely better. I just had to make sure I used the glue on both the artificial nail and my natural nail.

Tip: Use gloves if you have to hand-wash dishes while wearing these. If on the off-chance you ended up with an air bubble under the glue, the water might get in and the nail(s) will fall off.


All in all, I actually like using these. In this case, I kind of had to due to how gross my nails were, but I might use these when I just want to get a little fancy. I have a pack of the French manicure ones, which I'll probably try next, I'll just trim those too. I'll let you know how it goes!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Just Playing...

I have a confession to make...

New Recipe: Thai Pumpkin Soup